January 2, 2010

Just Finished Dragon Age




I don't want to go into detail about everything right now, because it literally just happened.  I literally just finished watching the credits.  And now, I am feeling slightly emotional about it.

I easily sympathize with characters in stories, which is something that happens in great intensity with a well written story.  Once the game was over, I realized I wasn't going to play Thia, my Grey Warden, anytime soon.  And I almost got teary-eyed.

I invested so much time into creating a character that I loved playing, and that was the kind of character I wanted to play.  Thia became friends with all the people she brought along the way, and she was hilarious.  She was an awesome mage that kicked serious butt.  And a lot of the choices I had to make in the game were seriously hard.  I put in a lot emotionally, partly because I'm sensitive like that, but partly because the game encourages you too.

And now it's over, and the thing I looked forward to every night after work is gone for a short time.  It's like saying goodbye to a friend you only see once a year or something like that.  It's bittersweet.

I think I will do a more in-depth post later about my choices that is somewhat spoiler-rific, but for now I'm going to look back and enjoy what I just did... beat my first PC game on my new computer Adonis.  Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment