January 5, 2010

Uninspired?

I realize that I haven't been posting enough about RPGs, or specifically running them. I don't know what's wrong, but I recently haven't been as inspired as I usually am to run a game.  Maybe it's because I haven't bought myself a new RPG or maybe it's because I've been focusing on my trilogy when it comes to my creative outlet.  But it feels like there's something lacking.

On my other blog I've mentioned that I would like to do some experiments involving running games.  But I can't find myself thinking of a story for other people to become a part of.

There was a time last year where every week you could see me DMing at school.  I do miss that.  Gaming in person is so much fun.  Seeing the reaction on people's faces is FANTASTIC.  But I don't have a story that I think has the same engaging qualities that my previous campaign did.

I hope that campaign isn't a once in a lifetime thing.  Maybe it is.  I really hope not.  I hope I haven't already acheived GMing gold by age 23.  That would be kind of sad.

Well, I'm working on thinking of something to run on Google Wave, so I can do that experiment.  Just the question is... what the heck is it going to be?

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a seasonal thing. No one in my happy little circle is really feeling it either for the last few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgive me for the off-topic comment on your blog, feel free to delete it after having read it.

    Chances are that you are already familiar with the Kevin Singer case, a lifetime inmate of a Wisconsin correctional facility who has been prohibited to enjoy his D&D games with cellmates out of incredibly bigoted and unrealistic fears he was forming a "gang".

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/27/us/27dungeons.html

    An online petition has been started to have that absurd ruling reviewed and I think that, as fellow gamers, I thought you may have wanted to support the effort, showing that RPGs can be potent educational tools for the acquiring of social, cooperative and reading/writing skills from which the prison population could surely benefit.

    The more time passes the more I am convinced that the u.s. prison system is not a corrective tool with which to re-educate and win back to society inmates but a kind of medieval torture system with which to abuse and degrade those unlucky enough to enter it.

    http://www.petitiononline.com/d20d12d8/

    I really ask you to take a minute of your time, click the link above and leave a signature,

    please, there is a person who is being denied the solace and comfort of letting his mind and his imagination soar while his body is restricted in a cell, and, if you can, circulate the petition's URL link among your fellow gamers and friends.

    ReplyDelete