July 4, 2010

Happy 4th, p.s. Pandora doesn't exist.

For my readers that are citizens of the United States, HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!  We're independent!  Woo!

Second, The Boyfriend brought to my attention this article, which explains that fans of Avatar (Cameron's not Shymalan's) are suffering from depression because of the movie.  Why?  Because there is no place as beautiful as the fictional planet Pandora, and they don't want to live in any other world.

I'm serious.

How maladjusted to life do you have to be that your depressed because you can't travel to a fictional world?  Now I'm not talking about the people who realized society is ruining the natural ecosystems on our planet--being a sensitive person I can someone having those feelings.  I'm talking about people who have considered killing themselves because they want to live on Pandora.  That's just crazy.  Need-to-see-a-shrink crazy.

If you want to live in a world that is stunningly beautiful, you should check out this thing called the RAIN FOREST.  You will find a similar ecosystem.  If you just want to be a huge blue dude that connects to a neural network across the entire planet, too bad.  Find a hobby other than re-watching Avatar until your eyes bleed.

I know I sound bitter about it, but it just blows my mind that this is an actual problem.  Only in the Western world.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. There are really people who don't believe our world is more beautiful than a CGI creation?

    Just... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone should also explain to those people that we do have a network that, while not technically 'neural' in nature, DOES connect people in a manner that allows them to share thoughts, feelings, and ideas: it's called the internet.

    ReplyDelete