September 24, 2009

Meme=Character Inspirations!

A really good friend of mine who's on the trip of a lifetime just thought up a meme idea.  I know you might first be thinking "why are you posting about a meme?"  Well my friend suggested it would be good for RPG or LARP characters too, and it clicked:

This is a fantastic way to figure out a character idea randomly for a game!  This is a great way to make a character that needs some character depth.  Here are the steps, edited to be a little less lj meme and a little more character creation:

1. Figure out your character's  Zodiac and Chinese Horoscope signs, and any attributes that you so choose.

2. From any site you choose, copy and paste the word/phrase lists, positive and negative, that describe your particular signs.

3. Highlight those words/phrases, positive and negative, that describe your character's particular manifestation of his or her zodiac signs.

4. Explain your character in as many or as few of the highlighted words as you so choose. For every positive trait you choose, also choose a negative; for every negative, also choose a positive.

***

I think I may do this with some of my LARP characters. If I do, I will totally post the results on this here blog.

Let me know if you guys use this and if it works for you!

1 comment:

  1. I think you have hit on the key idea; characters are defined as much by what they can't do, as what they can. Maybe more.

    ReplyDelete