April 29, 2009

Why I Now Want Prototype

I've been keeping up with Prototype passingly. I've read a lot about it and I've watched some game play videos that look extremely promising. However, it wasn't until this trailer that I decided to buy it when it comes out.





This story looks amazing. For those of you who don't know, the main character finds out about the story by killing people who are involved with maintaining a viral outbreak in New York City. Because of his supernatural abilities, he's able to absorb their memories and their skills when he kills them. This is how the player finds out the background to everything. This conspiracy story on top of the outbreak story is very captivating, and anytime there is a mystery I want to know why things happened the way they did.

This is why I play video games: they are interactive storytelling. You could also say that's why I play RPGs as well. Even in video games where your fate is essentially sealed, you still have fun experiencing the journey and knowing you invested in it.

I wonder if Prototype will still want to release in June given the current swine flu situation, that may become a pandemic. I try not to think about that because at this point the only thing I can do is wash my hands and hope nobody in my campus is unfortunate enough to catch it.

Either way, I want to play Prototype as soon as it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment